Food tasting tour - A taste of Montenegro that you can keep forever
Herceg Novi is a Town of ancient history, not to mention delicious food. Strolling through narrow streets to discover where to shop and eat in a lively Old Town? Join a morning tour with one of our food specialists to try tasty pies, traditional food, fresh pastries, and aromatic spirits from Montenegrin monasteries. Between each bite (or sip), you’ll gain insight into Montenegrin fascinating food culture, the evolution of the country’s cuisine, and the healthy nature of locally produced, organic ingredients.
- Enjoy samples of the best traditional Mediterranean food - How Montenegrins start their day
- Learn about the Mediterranean diet and visit the Mediterranean market where locals shop
- Allow yourself to enjoy in a layered pie called Burek
- Perfectly fried doughnut balls drenched in honey called Priganice with traditional homemade coffee
- Taste traditional cheese and olive oil.
- Bite into a crunchy fried fish Girice
- Vegetarian-friendly -we would be happy to provide alternative sampling when requested.
- Small-group tour
Looking forward to:
- English-speaking guide
- City map
- Food and brandy tasting - 3 different kinds of brandy
- Traditional food - cheese, olives, fish etc.
- Individual costs and costs not mentioned in the itinerary
Price doesn't include:
Reservation is required!
What do I need for this tour?
You should bring: a bottle of water, a hat, comfortable shoes, SPF, good mood
Food tasting tour - Meeting point
Meeting point: Park Boka's fountain at 09:15 am.
Your guide will have a blue scarf. The tour starts at 09:30 am.
Click here to open the location using Google maps.
Tour duration: around 3 hours Tour availability: every day except Sunday
- 1Day 1
Food tasting tour content
After introducing ourselves, We start the walking discovery tour. First stop: how locals start their morning? We continue our tour through the Old town to the central part of Herceg Novi - church Archangel Michael. Monastery products. Traditional pie. Greenmarket where the lady of the house buys their goods for the day. Heading to the marina “ Škver” where every important event happens. Traditional main menu in every local home.
Food tasting tour - a note on price
Price per person (minimum 2 guests): 55€ Price per person in a group(minimum 10 guests): 50€