Olive tasting tour Luštica
Demonstration and participation in the oldest technology for the production of olive oil and Mediterranean food. A fascinating symbol of human effort, a faithful image of craftsmanship and commitment,a beauty created by human hands, like a lace on the chests at the slopes of peninsula Luštica lies a small state, picturesque village made stone by stone , stone on stone that dates back to the 13th century. The owners of the estate are emotionally attached to their 300 years old mill and do not want to let their tradition to become thing of the past. They offer homemade products of original flavours and aromas that were taken care with love and guarded whole year.
- Olive oil tasting
- Traditional Mediterranean food produced at the family farm
- Boat tour – Speedboat with experienced skipper (boat driver)
- Air-conditioned vehicle with the experienced driver
- Vegetarian-friendly - we would be happy to provide alternative when requested.
- Small-group tour
Looking forward to:
- Transport by speedboat
- Transport by high-class minivan on Herceg Novi - Luštica - Herceg Novi
- Entrance fee for Old Mill's visit
- Entrance fee to the Monastery Žanjic
- English-speaking guide
- Insurance of passengers in vehicle
- Dinner with: appetiser, main dish and dessert
- Appetiser: Homemade prosciutto , homemade cheese, olive oil and olives.
- Main dish: Specialty of the evening -veal under the ashes/bell, potato with lettuce salad.
- Dessert: Cake – Grandma's old recipe
- Personal costs and costs not mentioned in the itinerary (It is possible to buy homemade products such as wine, olive oil, and cheese).
Price doesn't include:
Gathering the group at hotel reception at 11:45h and leaving at 12:00h.
After 10 minutes speedboat ride we arrive to to port Pristan from were we start our hiking tour.
After 45 minutes,arrival to the estate where we visit the old Olive mill.
- 1Day 1
The hosts welcome us in old traditional custom with their homemade "Loza" brandy .
First we visit the Old Olive Mill, learn its history and interesting exhibition on the operation and equipment of an old mill that produce organic Olive oil . We go back in time as it was 13 th century.
After the demonstration comes the most intriguing part of the visit, where the guests can taste the olive oil and learn to recognize the difference between organic and trade one that is served as virgin olive oil. After, rich Mediterranean lunch is planned.
Further we will go to see the beauty of the Luštica peninsula through carefully taken care olive gardens protected by stone fences.
If the weather allows us, our plan is to visit the Monastery settled on the island where we would be hosted by it guardian.A gem that keeps the secret of the past, which for 6 centuries has been a spiritual and defensive tower at the entrance of the Boka Bay.
Return to Herceg Novi is planned around 17:00h.
Note on the price
The price per one person is calculated by the total number of people on the tour.
2 PAX (minimum) - 355€, per person. 3 PAX - 264€, per person. 4 PAX - 220€, per person. 5 PAX - 180€, per person. 6 PAX - 165€, per person. Groups - the price can be calculated on request.